Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Rain

The eagle was in heedless flight
meandering about in circles.
No sense of direction i thought
I only admired it's vigor.

It's flight was quite a sight,
as it weathered the torrent of rain.
From the bench where i was rooted,
I saw a dark figure in the grey sky.

Soon the darkness grew in size
I felt that it was headed towards me.
But the rain helped me gather myself
And i exuded a coherent calmness.

The darkness and rain converged,
The eagle rested beside me.
For a moment, a difficult oneness
One i couldn't even value.

The eagle took off without a trace
And the rain reduced to a drizzle.
Is there ever a conjunt place
For heart, mind and a destiny.

4 comments:

kish said...

For those of you that didn't get it.
All i'm saying is the rain is synonymous with destiny, and it has been reduced to a drizzle now that the eagle(heart), and me rooted to a bench(the mind), are disjunct.
My whole point is- there never is a destiny if both mind and heart are factors:P

VikWiz said...

Pure Brilliance KD! Nice one !
What leads you to your destiny ,your heart or your mind?

AJEYA RAO said...

Nicely written. However I think you should not have explained it and instead let the reader imagine. But anyways, great write up. Well good news...Mansoon hitting Kerala soon! :-)

kish said...

Dude, maybe it is the mind, maybe it is the heart.I have no clue at all.
Thanks ajeya.People kept asking me, so i felt obliged to let them know.But would you have known otherwise:P?