Saturday, January 1, 2011

BLANK

There was a re-assuring calm around and about the Ocean.  The waves were striking at the rocks. In the distance, the gleaming lights of the approaching ships, coupled with the Bright setting Sun diving sharply into the Horizon, only augmented the Beauty. Here I was, on the Beach, A single malt on the rocks in hand. No complaints. The liquid was precious. The Golden Colours dancing and playing with my head. The Sun's reflection on the Ice cubes accentuated the feeling that was what It was. As I was finishing my drink, the Bartender pops a Champagne bottle and passes me a note. It reads- "To an eventful evening, Love- S". Before I can ask him where it's from, he's gone. I turn around to check but I see nothing. For a while, I sit and wonder who Could it be, but my mind is blank.
I'm feeling nervy and edgy. My body exudes a chill and the Hair on my neck Stands erect. All this in the mediterranean. I have no reason to be nervous. But yet I am. I am confronted by the Demons of my past. I shed a tear, and quickly wipe it off. I don't want to be reminded about my nemesis or my parched past. It was a long time ago. Things have changed. It was only after she left that I started feeling Uneasy about most things. I didn't want to ruin a perfectly Good evening. I gulped down the last portion of my drink, and got up from the wholesome Chair that was my home for the last couple of hours.
Who could it be, i wondered. I just hoped it wasn't her. But yet I wished It was.
As I made an effort to walk up to the Clubhouse, I was approached by a fine young gal, who sauntered across without an effort. Her face had the symmetry unheard of. Her eyebrows and those deep blue oceans gave me the shiver. Her skin was that Olive you dream of seeing. She stood about a foot away, and bent forward as though she wanted to whisper something in my ear. I took the cue and bent inwards. I was met by a soft tenderness followed by an exchange of fluids. 
We made out for a while; the passion building up. The Breathing was getting heavier. I didn't want this moment to pass. I wanted to be young again. I held her waist and pulled her towards me. She told me to follow her back for a Night Cap. I obeyed. I was in a trance. I was feeling nervous again. Jittery to say the least. I didn't have to be, I figured. It was way back, I have changed now. It is a different me. I tried telling myself this, as she led me away. Sensing my nervous energy, she smiled and said- The Night is still young..
Little did I know that there wasn't a past, one that gave me the chills, there was No Gal in her 20's, and the note that said 'To an eventful evening' wasn't even a note.Schizophrenic I was, but wasn't :)

4 comments:

Blasphemous Aesthete said...

That was abstract, and that was beautiful. Very nice post.

Happy Nice post. The last line is the best of all.

Cheers,
Blasphemous Aesthete

Sh@s said...

Amazing piece.

AJEYA RAO said...

:-) Nice. By the way how are you? Had been on a short break from writing

Sh@s said...

Hi! Howz u? Hope you are fine. Its been long, no updates??