Saturday, August 30, 2008

Reality bites

There are times such as now, where i'm sure many guys are going through the 'phase' that so affliates itself with me these days. Exactly what this phase is, is very hard to put in words, but will try so here goes. For a while now, i've been engulfed with this "thing" that fills me to the brim. ( i'm using "thing" cause i can't think of a stronger word) The "thing"connotes itself with a distortionless sine wave. ( can't help i study this shit all day). An up followed by a down. This is an example of how a normal day would go for me.

(Reality)- I take the same route to college, ride the same vehicle at a constant speed,stop at the same traffic signals, occasionaly catch a glimpse of a beauty (oh ya this is an upside), then rush to class asap with the prospect of getting a spot on the last bench. Then stand up as the teachers enter and leave, faking regard and respect. Then pretend to listen to their pointless lectures all the while staring in interim at the watch!! Then get really pissed when the bugger leaves without taking attendance. Then wonder why i even attended. Then catch a glimpse of the cute girl who's been driving me nuts for months. Picture myself finally asking her out ( i'm clearly daydreaming:D). Lunch in the same old canteen. Back to class, back out.
Same vehicle,same route, same traffic signals,back home. I've retraced my path.
I'm not complaining about the lack of variations. It's just that i don't do shit about it. My day could've easily been like......
(castle in the air:P)- For a change, i could go late to college, bunk a few classes to catch a movie, skip the traffic signals;), show the finger to the cop on duty busy digging his nose, zoom in at high speeds, hit the brakes hard. swerve in traffic, smile and wink at the beauty, then go to class late, actually don't give a shit and sit in the first bench, or bunk and tell my friend-macha proxy!!
Go to a fancy restaurant for lunch, sit side by side with the cutie whom i just asked out, make her pay the bill:p , then get her number and actually make use of my stupid messaging plan.

The thing is, "things" don't work this way for moi. If i wanted to build the castle in the air, i would've done it long ago. That's why there's a clear demarcation between reality and the castle.:P There are some lessons in life which i just don't get. The heart says build the castle but the mind condemns the idea. The mind makes all my moves.
I know that i can decide my destiny and make the necessary changes, but i don't know how and when to start. The outcome isn't important, it's the passage i'm worried about. I hate this yin-yang angle to everything. Everything has to be weighed. It's pure madness!
The alchemist presents a clear cut message. It tells people to follow their dreams. Thing is- my dreams are cloudy.:)

8 comments:

My Desi Groove said...

Just exactly what I'm going through too.Sheesh!
The monotony's so damn thick,
So damn vicious,
So damn ,So damn all around!

You can't break away from it.
You wouldn't take the chance ,
Would you ?

nikil somanna said...

BREATHE

kish said...

yeah dude don't get me started on the monotony;)
And i'm waiting for that day, the day i take a chance and it pays.

Dreamer said...

Everybody goes through this "thing" i guess ;) and you have brought that out..
Liked the ending.. And yeah, it would be great if the result is always positive whenever we take a chance. But sadly though, it happens very rare!

Keep writing :)

Akansha Agrawal said...

Hmm... your mind will always tell you to control yourself, it is only your heart that will make you do things for yourself and sometimes it is necessary to do so... be late for a class but tell yourself very firmly that you don't have to be guilty coz it's no sin... and you need some like-minded friends!

About dreams, well mine are equally cloudy...

kish said...

@akansha
yeah agreed, the heart comes into the picture when the associated feeling is "love", and often, it screws up.

VikWiz said...

Dude this is a standard freaking excuse that all those who dont go that extra mile just coz they have never been there ,Say.Its all in the mind man.Dude didnt you see the Matrix ,you always have a choice.....And you have made yours!
dig this- "Mens Agitat Mollum"
translation-MIND MOVES MATTER

kish said...

Dude don't bring matrix here.. I know it's in the mind that's exactly my point. But doesn't eork in my case;)