Saturday, August 28, 2010

Perceptions

It's been a while. I've really become very lazy when it comes to posting a Blog post. Whenever I sit in front of the computer, trying to think of something to write, I'm overshadowed by an empowering emotion of sorts. Sub-consciously, I'm told to not write. So I leave it at that. But today is different. I've decided that I'm watching too much Entourage:) I've watched 35 something episodes in 3 days. That's a lot. 
Okay, first off, I feel like bitching about Murphy. He's always screwing things up for me. I wrapped up work early on Thursday and managed to convince my Manager for a  'casual leave', for Friday, which he was more than willing to give. So I decided to hop on the Bus and make it home as soon as I could (Mysore obviously).
It was around 4 by the time I got to Hebbal. There was an ISKON kiosk put up near the Bus Stop, and some guy there asked me for two minutes of my time. He then went on about Vedas and Spirituality and religion, all things I couldn't care less about. (Unless there's a VTU exam). He then told me that in order for someone to able to be qualified to chant the 'Hare Krishna' mantra, he must have studied loads of religious things. Okay, first off, How does this concern me and my life? He went on and on for 15 min. I didn't want to tell him off too. I was feigning interest. I finally decided to buy a book on Life/Religion/Science for 50 bucks. Turns out I lost the book. 
Anyway, It started pouring soon so it took me a while to make it to Majestic. Once there, I coudn't miss eating at KFC before leaving. (Even a guy on parole with no cash would love eating there, even if it means he has to rob someone).
It was 5.30 by the time I was done. I called S.F to ask if there were any trains leaving for Mys around that time. Turns out there was one at 6.15. I made a dash for it. It was 6 by the time I managed a ticket. Some guy near the counter had a Ticket to Mys he didn't want. Ticket price was 42/-. I gave him 45 and waited as he patiently looked around for change. It was already late, and I sure as hell didn't want to stand on the Train. (Should have asked for the change. Murphy aggain!!! You'll know why soon).


All the compartments were full. People were sitting in the aisles, standing near the toilets. It was mayhem. I hopped into the reservation compartment. I found a seat empty. Seat number 62. Turns out someone had already reserved that seat. C'est la vie, I thought, but decided that there's no way I'm standing:D


So I went to the A.C compartment and told the T.C 'swalpa adjust maadi'. I had to Pay him 153 bucks extra. I gave him a 200 and He sheepishly said He'd give me 47 bucks later. It got me thinking. What if the guy ends up not giving back? My head and the crazy thoughts whirling inside it. I even 'presumed' that he wouldn't give it. It was a very easy thing to do, running away with money.So I went to the extent of going through what I would complain about once I reached Mysore. It was around 8.30 and there was still no sign of him. If only I'd taken the 3 bucks change earlier. The T.C would have given me a 50. The smile and it's wickedness kept coming back. 
Soon, there was a tap on my shoulder and the T.C, with his same sheepish look, gave me 46 bucks change. Only this time, his smile was genuine. 
You see how the same smile presents two faces.


P.S-This post is for all with a clear conscience. Maybe Murphy does screw things up for you, and it's to accentuate  such situations. It's also a reminder to us all that there are good people out there. Stop Presuming!





7 comments:

nickshady said...

Good post bro....
Murphy turned out to be t good guy after all... :)

VikWiz said...

Maybe Murphy's law doent work for you bro . Coz you've got a fat chick called lady luck by your side!!! And it looks like she aint leaving you any time sooner.

Purba said...

Murphy as in Murphy's law? Kind of hazy about it.

And what's with the title, sounds like something meant for a spelling bee contest :)

Ok coming to your post, very nicely narrated, made for an interesting read.

And yes at times we tend to get presumptuous and end up stressing too much.

kish said...

@nickshady
Your alias reminds me of the counter strike days. sigh!

@vikwiz
Murphy's law always screws me up! wtf are you talking about?

@purba
Murphy's law: Anything that should not happen, will happen :)
thanks for visiting!:P

Sh@s said...

Right there r gud ppl, too, around.
Ya, this change thing is a bugging one. Hav no idea why ppl think that the remaining change which they are supposed to return is rightfully theirs or they treat it as a tip.

kish said...

@ Shas
I know. But I've come to accept it now that I'm earning :P

AS said...

hii
haha! its very common in journeys by train.. thats nice, he returned the change :)