Sunday, August 8, 2010

This one has no title!

Okay, first things first. I have a lot to write about. I don't quite know where or how to start, for I fear that my deranged mind will give way. I'd have to say that last week was the most easy for me, ever (Relatively speaking). I didn't have much work. Hardly worked 20 hours in total, and the beauty of it is I'm getting paid. So no complains on the job front. Except maybe the fact that my work location hasn't been finalised. It's a dicey situation. 'Cause we all know how travelling in B'lore can be quite the Bitch! 
I can safely say that I've mastered the art of climbing a bus and finding a seat. Here's a word of advice for you all-



  1.  Survey the area near the bus stop. Factor in things like the number of people waiting, the number you feel are too keen to jump into the bus as soon as it arrives, and also how you generally 'feel' about making a run for it!
  2. Next, spot the bus rolling into the right platform. This step is critical, and can make a world of difference. The faster you spot it, the quicker you can react.
  3. Move swiftly across and stand right in front of the door. As it opens, act like a gentleman and disallow people from jumping in. Wait for those inside to move out. The first part is more important :D
  4. As soon as the last person has exited, the adrenalin rush kicks in. It will come, just be patient. Murphy's law will not fail you now. Just run across the aisle and sit on the first seat you get.
  5. Make sure It isn't for senior citizens, the handicapped or ladies. If you still don't make it, proceed slowly to the back of the bus.
  6. Ask the men sitting around you where they're getting off. Plan accordingly.
  7. Plug in your mp3 player and listen away. The bus will sway.:p

    The next thing to do is prepare yourself for the hour and a half long journey. Now, it's really fine if you just want to listen to music, but you'll be missing out on loads of fun. For instance, just pause your player for a minute and listen to the conductor arguing with a passenger for correct change. Or sometimes, if you're lucky, you'd start noticing a trend. A powerful and dismissive voice that goes- 'Change illa'. Now you know you shouldn't mess with the conductor. So you make it a point to tender correct 'change' every single time. You will also see loads of people speaking loudly on the phone. Telling weird stories and using curse words. If you're very observant, you will see few heads turn around. As though it's a sin to use profanity and as though the turned heads have never used it. :D
    As you approach Koramangala, you will convince yourself to wake up from your self imposed sleep. For you don't want to miss out on the horde of chicks walking by, in those tight levi jeans. You then wonder where to look, cause you want to take it all in. You're almost overwhelmed.
    You see a marvelous ass, but then another that beats the 'ass' out of the previous ass.  

    Now your mind has been transported into another World. One outside the bus, and one that presents a realm of opportunities. But then you curse God and that hopeless conductor for calling out that it's your stop. Now you have to report for work. You really hope that the next time, those pickpockets run away with the conductor's bag. Isn't that the easier option?, you wonder, as you walk away..

    2 comments:

    Insignia said...

    Cool!! I so totally agree with you on how to find a seat in BMTC. I have done this since my primary school until a year back. Now I am closer to office and commute by auto.

    You surely do miss out on lot of actions that happen in the bus. I have a post on this. Read this whenever you find time and I am sure you will agree with me :-)

    http://spice-n-ice.blogspot.com/2009/05/adventures-of-ms-commuterix.html

    Anonymous said...

    Amiable brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.