Sunday, December 12, 2010

Life as we know it

The past week has been brilliant. But the mood right now is sombre. This phase of life encompasses the weekdays and the weekends. (As does every-other phase), the only difference being, Friday night is chill and Sunday night is WTF!OMG not again! I'm already finished with six months of work. Obviously was hard moving into that City if you can call it one. 
There was a time around two months back when I'd convinced myself that I'd hit a low, career wise. I tried out a few other comanies, made it to the last Round on two separate instances. There was a time when I told myself that 'I deserve better things'. I don't know why. I was happy with my IBM position for the better half of my stint, yet, somewhere, somehow, I sensed that I wanted something more. That's the problem with people dealing with this "Cross-Roads" of life. One doesn't make things happen, he expects them to happen. He doesn't factor in time, luck, effort, and all other essential variables. The Big question- 'What do i want to do/become'? haunts you down when you're in the most happy moods and eats at you. You begin to think about angles when there isn't one.
What i'm probably trying to say/Ramble about is that it's important that you realise that you are the master of your own fate and destiny. And there are probably a million different ways to set about doing it. It's up to you to figure out the best. In the end I believe that One's search for happiness is not a search. You need to follow your passions and do things you're comfortable doing. You need to be in control of things you can be in control of! End of story.
That being said, I'm looking forward to things changing, a Good Gmat score followed by a decent time in Europe. I'm being in control, no?

2 comments:

YOSEE said...

In good time, you'll find what you want or like what finds you !
Best wishes !

kish said...

@Yosee
Thank you. That's a nice way of putting it.